Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Getting started

I've been playing guitar since 1986. By all accounts I should be great by now, but sadly that's not the case. That doesn't mean I don't absolutely love anything to do with guitars though. Since I started, I have had several guitars in my possession, some better than others, and until fairly recently, I never had a Fender Stratocaster, one of the best electric guitars ever made.

Fender Stratocaster
Starting in 1996, I spent a few years living in Euskadi and eventually found myself with a lot of spare time on my hands, but very little money. I had parted company with a much-loved Fernandes Strat-copy a year or so previously and only had one semi-acoustic guitar with me. This lack of an electric guitar was a situation I wanted to rectify, but as previously mentioned I didn't have much money and I didn't want to buy a rubbish guitar.

That's when I decided to make my own Strat.

No comments: